Ways to Participate on Sundays
For more info about attending a service in person, scroll further down this page.
ATTEND A SERVICE
Our 10:30AM service is open for you to register to attend!
Use the link below to register and scroll down to find more information about our location and safety precautions.
JOIN US ONLINE
Our worship service is streamed live on Facebook and our website each Sunday morning at 10:30AM.
Click link below to join us online and find other ways to engage with community online!
All baptized Christians are invited to come between 9AM and 10AM each Sunday to pick up communion.
You can then take this home and use during the 10:30AM livestream service.
Our 10:30AM service is now open for you to attend in person.
Registration opens each Monday below.
IN-PERSON SUNDAY GATHERINGS
- Worship services are held each Sunday at 10:30AM at 640 W Irving Park Road. Pre-registration is required.
- We also offer virtual Sunday School for Grades 1-12 from 9:00AM-10:00AM.
We will implement the following safety measures to prevent spread of COVID at Immanuel’s services.
Each service will be capped at 50 people (including service leaders and volunteers), in accordance with the requirements of the City of Chicago. Attendees will be required to pre-register each week and verify that they 1) do not have COVID or symptoms, and 2) are willing to wear a mask.
When you arrive, an usher will take your temperature with a touchless thermometer. No one with a fever will be permitted to enter.
All high-touch surfaces will be sanitized before the first service, in between services, and after the second service. Hand Sanitizer will be available upon entry to and exit from AIC and on the table where the communion elements are served.
Everyone ages 3 and up will be required to wear a mask at all times within the building. We will make one brief exception each week when we consume Eucharist together (see below for more detail).
We will take measures to keep attendees at the recommended 6 feet of distance.
- Seats will be “roped off” to keep seating to every other row. The usher will direct attendees to space themselves from anyone they did not arrive with.
- No offering basket will be passed during the service. Instead, an offering box will be placed next to the usher during the dismissal for attendees to deposit any tithes.
- Weather permitting, we will have a space outside after the service designated for people to mingle and chat.
- No food or beverages (other than communion) will be provided.
We will take extra precautions around taking the Eucharist:
- We will use prepacked, sealed individual wafer/juice cups.
- The usher will have hand sanitizer available for individuals as they are released from their seats.
- Individuals will pick up communion from a table at the front of the auditorium.
- Once everyone has come through the line and is seated again, Father Aaron will lead everyone to consume the elements at the same time from their seats, which will be spaced safely throughout the auditorium.
Those who are unable to attend services in person can pick up pre-consecrated Eucharist before the service each Sunday, from 9AM-10AM in the back parking lot (639 W Bittersweet Place).
WORSHIP & LITURGY
The liturgy will be shortened, and at this time, for the safety of everyone in attendance, we are asking that attendees please refrain from congregational singing. The worship team will lead in songs of praise.
All kids and youth gatherings are currently online. Email Jennifer Wood or click the link below to find ways to participate!
New to Immanuel?
Click the link below to learn more about what to expect in a typical worship service.