Care during COVID-19
Bearing One Another’s Burdens
And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having favor with all the people. – Acts 2
IAC’s benevolence fund is available to help members and regular attenders of Immanuel who are facing financial hardships. If you are experiencing financial pressures (whether related to the challenges of COVID-19 or not!) please let us know. Send an email to our care team and a member of our staff will respond to learn more about how the church might be able to offer support.
Benevolence funds may be used for members and regular attenders of IAC:
- To assist with the purchase of necessities to sustain life for those with a temporary hardship;
- To assist with an otherwise unaffordable expense of seeking counseling services;
- To assist in the expenses associated with a health crisis, when the individual or household affected does not have insurance through no fault of their own, or when costs associated with medical care covered by insurance are preventing the individual or household’s ability to afford other necessities of life.
Find Help at Immanuel
We want to help you through the challenges of this crisis.
Your main source of practical support will be your City Group. (Not a part of a City Group? We want to help you join one. Email email@example.com and we’ll connect you with a group!)
However, you can also request help of any kind (or offer help) by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you feel isolated, overwhelmed, discouraged or helpless – you’re not alone! Please let us know so that we can walk with you through the challenges of this time.
View sample requests below.
Please email email@example.com if you would like to:
- Ask for help with tangible needs (e.g. if you are unable to go out and would like someone to pick up groceries for you, etc.);
- Request to meet with a staff member for pastoral care;
- Request prayer for yourself or others;
- Ask for someone to give you a phone call;
- Join a City Group for community and support;
- Voice a need for financial aid.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to:
- Notify church staff about a serving opportunity;
- Volunteer to call someone who may be feeling lonely;
- Volunteer to pick up groceries for someone stuck at home;
- Offer to help someone at Immanuel with a financial need;
- Share a testimony about God’s provision or care.
Additional Resource: FindHelp.org
We recommend this site if you are looking for food assistance, help paying bills, and other free or reduced cost programs, including new programs for the COVID-19 pandemic. You can search for help based on your zip code.