Intro to Immanuel
Attend this two-day course to learn more about Christian teachings, the Anglican tradition and what it looks like to follow Jesus in the local church. We typically offer this course 2-3 times each year (see dates below).
Attending this course is required of those pursuing church membership at Immanuel Anglican Church (scroll down for more information about membership), but anyone is welcome to attend, whether you plan to pursue membership or simply want to learn more about the church!
Contact Rachel Maudru with questions.
November 2020 Class
Intro to Immanuel in November will be offered as on online course in two parts:
Part 1: Sunday, November 15th from 2-5PM
Part 2: Sunday, November 22nd from 2-5PM.
Last day to register is Thursday, November 5th.
- Gospel Essentials
- Anglican Theology & Worship
- Baptism and the Sacraments
- “Why Does Church Membership Matter?”
- The Church’s Teaching on Money, Sex & Power
- Following Jesus at Immanuel
Membership at Immanuel
Becoming an active, committed member of a local expression of the Church is essential to every believer’s life and growth in Jesus. Two prerequisites for membership at Immanuel Anglican are 1) being a follower of Jesus who can affirm belief in the Apostles’ Creed and 2) having been baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
If you have not been baptized and you would like to be, or you have questions or reservations about the Apostles’ Creed or what it means to follow Jesus at Immanuel, Fr. Aaron or another Immanuel staff person would be delighted to meet with you before or as you begin the membership process.
The next step toward membership is attending our “Intro to Immanuel” Class. Learn more about this class above!
Our Membership Covenant
- Attend “Intro to Immanuel” Classes (full weekend).
- Attend a dinner and evening prayer gathering with other incoming members at the home of an Immanuel leader.
- Submit a signed membership covenant.
- Take your vows in a Sunday morning service.