Immanuel Kids & Youth
Vision: For children to encounter Jesus and be transformed by the power of the Gospel to become lifelong disciples of Christ.
Fall 2021 Sunday School
September – December 2021
Every other week this fall, we will have Sunday School for preschool through high school during our 10AM worship service at 640 W Irving Park Road! All are welcome. Subscribe to updates, view class dates and find more information below.
Immanuel Kids & Youth (“Sunday School”) is our in-person ministry for children from Preschool – 12th grade during the Sunday Worship Service. It is our mission to create a safe environment for children and youth to grow in their relationships with God and others through prayer and worship, Bible teachings, fun activities, and relational small groups.
All of our Sunday morning children’s and youth classes are hosted in our “NextGen Hub” (large classrooms on the eastern wing of second floor of the American Islamic College) during the worship service. When you arrive at the AIC, the ushers can direct you to the grand staircase that leads to the second floor, where our check-in station will be visible.
We invite families to pre-register each week, as a way to help us plan! On that form, you will verify the health of your household with a built-in symptom-checker.
- Children (ages 3 and up), youth and volunteer leaders will be required to wear masks throughout the time at church.
- Hand sanitizer will be available upon arrival and exit from the NextGen Hub.
- No snacks or drinks will be served.
CHECK-IN and PICK-UP
- Check-in for children’s and youth ministry will take place outside the entrance to the NextGen Hub from 9:45AM-10:15AM
- Coordinator will check families in and direct or escort students to their classrooms.
- Parents are required to bring children and youth to the second floor. Because there are other organizations that use the building, we ask that children and youth are not unattended in the stairs or hallways.
- When you check-in, we’ll have a way for you to verify the health of your household.
- All parents/guardians will need to verify the phone number by which they can be reached during the service.
- After The Peace, parents are asked to immediately come upstairs to pick up children. Children will be brought by Coordinator to the door and dismissed, family by family. After dismissal families can walk downstairs and join others outdoors.
All bathroom breaks for younger children are to be handled by parents only. Our volunteers do not take children to the restroom. Bathrooms are located on the first floor – please take your children to use the restroom before class begins. Volunteers will notify parents via text message if a child has a bathroom need during the service.
Our children’s programs are nut-free environments. We do not serve snacks, and we ask that children refrain from bringing food or drink into the ministry area.
For the safety of all children and volunteers, we require that you keep your child home if he/she or anyone in your household has the following health concerns:
- Any COVID-19 symptoms: fever, headache, shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, vomiting diarrhea, abdominal pain, congestion or runny nose, new loss of sense of taste or smell, nausea, fatigue, muscle or body aches;
- Swollen glands, loss of voice;
- Ear infection, conjunctivitis (pink eye), strep throat, etc.
- Lice, pinworms, or other infections or parasites unless treated by appropriate medication.
CAN KIDS ATTEND THE SERVICE INSTEAD?
Yes! Children of all ages are always welcome to remain with parents and worship in the Sunday service, if that is a family’s preference. Additionally, we have little activity bags available for preschool and kindergarten children to use in the service.
Always feel to contact Jennifer Wood (Director of Family Ministries) with any questions or concerns!
Safety and Volunteer Policies
At Immanuel Anglican Church, the safety of children is of utmost importance. We have various policies in place to ensure the protection of children, volunteers, parents, and staff members. Our staff and volunteers are prepared to notify you immediately (via text or phone call) if your child has a need. Rest assured that our staff and volunteers are dedicated to loving and caring for your children!
If you would like to be a volunteer with our children’s ministry, contact Jennifer Wood for next steps or fill out the application below.
Planning to Worship Online?
For those who are unable to join in person at this time, click the link below to view a list of ideas for involving kids and youth in the practice of worship during Sunday morning livestream.
“Our Friend, King Jesus”
Four-part video series for Preschool through 2nd Grade!
Video #4 | Jesus Makes Us New!
Memory Verse: Psalm 103:2-4
Video #3 | Jesus is King over Creation
Memory Verse: Matthew 8:27
Video #2 | Jesus Feeds 5,000 People
Memory Verse: John 20:31
Video #1 | Jesus and Zacchaeus
Memory Verse: John 14:6