Parish Retreat 2022
Sept 30-Oct 2, 2022
Friday Evening – Noon on Sunday
What is the Parish Retreat? The Parish Retreat is hands-down the best way to deep-dive into community life at Immanuel. Come away with your Immanuel family to rest, eat together, play games, converse on the porch, receive practical teachings about the Christian life, and simply get away from the clutter and hurry of the city for a weekend.
Whether you’re an urban diva or nature-starved outdoorsman, this retreat is for you. Whether you have been at Immanuel for three years or just began visiting last Sunday, this retreat is for you! If you have any fun-loving bone in your body, this retreat is for you! If you have any need for rest and refreshment, that’s right, this retreat is for you!
If you need more reason than that, ask around – or read some testimonials below!
My relationship with Immanuel really shifted at my first parish retreat. I had been toying with the idea of committing to the church, but the retreat felt like getting over a hump, as I experienced genuine welcome from church leaders who knew my name, spent free time in conversation and activities with others, and got to know people I hadn’t ever talked to before.
I was nervous about going to my first Parish Retreat because I felt like I didn’t know anybody. It turns out the retreat was the perfect way to fix that problem! Interacting with my church family in a low key setting while kicking around a soccer ball or playing cards was easy. It was great to spend quality time getting to know other people in a comfortable and beautiful setting.
- 9AM onward | Arrive and settle in. (No meals will be provided by the camp on Friday, but you are welcome to bring outside food and come as early as you would like!)
- 5 – 7PM | Check in at Chapel (if you haven’t already) to receive room assignment and weekend packet.
- 8:30PM | Compline
- 9:00PM onward | Bonfire (Weather permitting)
- 8-8:30AM | Breakfast
- 9:00AM-12:00PM | Morning Session (Childcare provided.)
- 12 – 5:30PM | Free time for solitude, activities, lunch
- 5:30 – 6:30PM | Dinner
- 7:30 – 9:30PM | Immanuel Variety Show (Start thinking of your contribution!)
- 10:00PM onward | Bonfire (Weather permitting)
- 8 – 8:30AM | Breakfast
- 8:30 – 10AM | Pack & Clean Up
- 10 -11:30AM |Worship Service
- 11:30AM | Depart Camp Hickory (Lunch is on your own.)
Friday, October 1 until noon on Sunday, October 3.
Camp Hickory (26202 W. Nippersink Rd. Ingleside, IL)
Carpooling coordination will be available. Indicate on your registration if you need a ride or have space in your car. If you get lost, Camp Hickory’s number is (815) 823-6929.
Full or partial scholarships are available! Request scholarship funds when you register.
$115/adult (18+); $60/child
Protocols will be updated closer to the date.
What to Bring
- A talent for the variety show
- A re-usable water bottle (one per person)
- Snacks to share
- Bug spray
- Face covering (mask)
- Devotional items: Bible, BCP, journal, pen
- Sheets, blanket and towel
- Any sports equipment (football, soccer, Frisbee, etc.) or board game you want to play with others