Parish Retreat 2019
Retreat Dates: May 31-June 2, 2019
Whether you’re an urban diva or nature-starved outdoorsman, this retreat is for you. Whether you have been at Immanuel for three years or just began visiting last Sunday, this retreat is for you! If you have any fun-loving bone in your body, this retreat is for you! If you have any need for rest and refreshment, that’s right, this retreat is for you!
If you need more reason than that, ask around – or read some testimonials below!
My relationship with Immanuel really shifted at my first parish retreat. I had been toying with the idea of committing to the church, but the retreat felt like getting over a hump, as I experienced genuine welcome from church leaders who knew my name, spent free time in conversation and activities with others, and got to know people I hadn’t ever talked to before.Justin B.
I was nervous about going to my first Parish Retreat because I felt like I didn’t know anybody. It turns out the retreat was the perfect way to fix that problem! Interacting with my church family in a low key setting while kicking around a soccer ball or playing cards was easy. It was great to spend quality time getting to know other people in a comfortable and beautiful setting.Melody W.
Itinerary for the Weekend
Friday, May 31
- 9AM onward | Arrive and settle in. (No meals will be provided by the camp on Friday, but you are welcome to bring outside food and come as early as you would like!)
- 5 – 7PM | Check in at Chapel (if you haven’t already) to receive room assignment and weekend packet.
- 8:30PM | Compline
- 9:00PM onward | Bonfire (Weather permitting)
Saturday, June 1
- 8-8:30AM | Breakfast
- 9:00AM-12:00PM | Morning Session (Childcare provided)
- 12 – 5:30PM | Free time for solitude, activities, lunch, pool
- 5:30 – 6:30PM | Dinner
- 7:30 – 9:30PM | Immanuel Variety Show (Start thinking of your contribution!)
- 10:00PM onward | Bonfire (Weather permitting)
Sunday, June 2
- 8 – 8:30AM | Breakfast
- 9:30 -11AM |Worship Service (Nursery provided)
- 11AM | Clean up & depart Camp Hickory (Lunch is on your own.)
Friday, May 31 until noon on Sunday, June 2.
Camp Hickory (26202 W. Nippersink Rd. Ingleside, IL)
Carpooling coordination will be available. Indicate on your registration if you need a ride or have space in your car. If you get lost, Camp Hickory’s number is (815) 823-6929.
Full Weekend: Cost is $100/adult (18+); $50/child aged 5-17; free for children ages 4 and under. Full or partial scholarships are available upon request.
Attending Saturday only? A Saturday-only day-pass is $55/adult; $30/child aged 5-17; children ages 4 and under are free.
Attending Sunday only? No registration needed. Worship is at 9:30 AM. (There will be no service at Uplift on June 2.)
What to Bring
- A talent for the variety show
- A re-usable water bottle (one per person)
- Swimsuits and towels (for camp pool)
- Snacks to share
- Bug spray
- Devotional items: Bible, BCP, journal, pen
- Sheets, blanket and towel
- Any sports equipment (football, soccer, Frisbee, etc.) or board game you want to play with others
Email Jennifer Wood with any questions: email@example.com.